Do you have any questions?
+49 (0) 800/ 660 68 00
Before we make a final decision about your eligibility for treatment, we ask that you report for a medical consultation, the cost of which will be covered by your health insurance.
Please bring the following with you:
- Your health insurance card
- Any additional documents we requested
- Current medical records and images we do not yet have
- Allergy, x-ray, and Marcumar ID, if available
- Personal documents (personal ID or passport)
- Personal medications or at least a list of medications that you take regularly
- Current blood results: Crea, GFR (kidney), TSH, T3, T4 (thyriod)
After your eligibility for treatment has been determined, our patient management department will contact you regarding cost clarification and further scheduling. If all charges up to this point have been settled and proton radiation treatment will likely proceed, further diagnostic examinations (MRI, CT, ultrasound, etc.) can often take place on the same day or the next day. The responsible patient management officer will discuss with you whether this is possible in your case. Please make sure you have plenty of time available on this day, because you may have to wait at certain points. If further examinations cannot take place until the following day, you may be able to spend the night at our RPTC GUEST HOUSE.
Additional information on the course of therapy can be found here.
INQUIRY FOR PROTON THERAPY
Your first point of contact is the patient hotline (tel.: +49 (0) 800/ 660 68 00). This is where you can request preliminary information as well as brochures and registration documents.